Introducing the Skinny Raven Half & 10K, a mid-summer event for everyone! Beginning and ending at the Rose Garden on the scenic Anchorage Park Strip, take some of Anchorage’s most popular trails, enjoy Double Shovel Cider at the end, and you’ll be sure to have fun chasing your goals at either distance.
We’re excited to continue to welcome Brooks Running as a partner of Skinny Raven’s only 1/2 Marathon. As the event gets closer, shop custom Skinny Raven-branded Brooks apparel (psst: registrants get special treats with purchase), participate in training events with our partners and Raven Run Club, and get excited for a finish line party.
Do you live out of town or prefer to run virtually? All the goodies and most of the fun will be the same! Check out the swag package below and read on for IN-PERSON and VIRTUAL event details.
New Name, Who This? Skinny Raven Sports is a proud sponsor of the Anchorage RunFest Half Marathon in August, which currently bears our business name. Double-check the date of your registration to make sure you’re in the right event!
Sunday, July 18, 2021
Half Early Start: 8:00 a.m.
Half Start: 9:00 a.m.
10K Start: 9:20 a.m.
July 10 to July 18, 2021
EVENT IS FULL »
By May 30 – $80
By June 30 – $90
By July 16 – $100
After July 16 – $110
By May 30 – $50
By June 30 – $55
By July 16 – $60
After July 16 – $65
We’ll have all the fun merchandise and accessories you’ll need to complete and remember your event on display!
Saturday July 17th
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
@ Skinny Raven Downtown
Sunday July 18th
7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
@ Delaney Park Strip
Saturday July 17th 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. @ Skinny Raven Downtown
Sunday July 18th 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. @ Delaney Park Strip
You did the work, here’s the fun. All in-person and virtual Skinny Raven 1/2 and 10K participants get access to premium custom swag and goodies. This is for you!
- Commemorative event shirt – long sleeve for 1/2, short sleeve for 10K
- Custom finisher medal
- Custom finisher glass and post event beverage or certificate equivalent.
- Personalized bib (if you register before June 23rd.)
- Box lunch for in-person participants
- Huma gel nutrition pack for half marathon participants
- Additional fun to be announced!
What better way to prepare for your half or 10k than through a training group with Raven Run Club? With coed sessions on Tuesdays and Saturdays, or Women’s only sessions on Thursdays, there’s an option for everyone. Show your RRC membership with special purchases like branded water bottles and RRC apparel. Do you want a more focused training plan to help you achieve your goals? Upgrade your membership for individualized coaching and personalized training, with direct support from your coaches and a special training app! We’ll help you prepare for success!
Location & Course **With Updates**
The Skinny Raven Half will start and finish at the Rose Garden on the West End of the Delaney Park Strip. It will start on 10th Ave and finish on 10th Avenue and N St. The course drops down N St. to scenic Westchester Lagoon, where you head east along the Chester Creek green belt to University Lake and back to the finish and post event fun!
Due to construction at the University Lake Dog park, we’ve made a slight change to the course. It will now start heading east on 10th Avenue instead of west on 9th. It will also loop through Tikishla Park to make up some lost distance. Please refer to the map below to review the updated course.
We will stick with our 3 main waves. The 8:00 a.m. early Half Marathon wave, the 9:00 a.m. Half Marathon wave, and the 9:20 a.m. 10K Wave. There will be a “gun” time for the start of each of these waves, but you will have 5 minutes to cross the line. So those who wish to spread out and have more distance at the start can do so at your leisure. Your overall results and age group time will be based on your chip (net) time. The top 3 overall in each race will be based on their time from the gun.
The 8:00 a.m. wave is intended for participants who will take around 3 hours to complete their event so they don’t miss any of the fun at the finish line. It is NOT intended to give faster runners an opportunity to finish earlier in the day.
**If you run faster than 2:30:00, the aid stations and medical teams on the course will not be ready to support you if you start at 8:00am.**
Keeping Us Safe
Covid-19 is still a risk in our community and local transmission rates have been increasing over the last two weeks. We are so excited to have a summer of events that feel almost normal on the schedule, but we must still do our part to keep out community as safe as we can while staying active and having fun.
First and foremost, your safety and that of our staff and volunteers is front of mind for us. There are 4 primary drivers of our required COVID-19 mitigation plan that allow us to host this event.
- Self screening for illness (staff and athletes)
- Appropriate social distance
- Minimizing contact between athletes and athletes and event staff.
We know we can have a great time and be safe if we all follow these guidelines:
- Self screening for illness 1 week before and 1 day before our event. Please do not attend our event If you:
- Have tested positive for Covid-19 during this time
- Have any symptoms consistent with Covid-19
- Have been exposed to anyone who has symptoms consistent with Covid-19 or has recently tested positive for Covid-19
- List of Covid-19 symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- Email our event staff @ email@example.com for easy deferment or transfer options.
- Maintaining appropriate social distance with those not in your known social circle.
- Maintain sanitation by washing hands or using hand sanitizer during the event.
- Bring and wear a mask to further protect you and your fellow participants. We are asking all unvaccinated particpants to please mask up when not actively working out and while in the event gathering area.
We know we can have a great time and be safe if we all follow these guidelines. We will keep you updated on any changes to our covid-19 policies as the event approaches.
Travel from out of Alaska
For those of you who may be making the Skinny Raven Half as part of a trip to Alaska or who have recently traveled home to Alaska MUST ensure we are all abiding by State of Alaska and AnchorageCovid-19 Travel restrictions:
State of Alaska Travel Protocols
Anchorage Travel Information
For participant safety, and to comply with our insurance, no pets, bicycles, or rollerblades are allowed in the race. Participants running with baby joggers or strollers are asked to be courteous to your fellow runners and give other plenty of room.
There will be a bag check near finish area. You can leave your belongings in the provided plastic bag to retrieve after you event. You know you want to be dry and comfy so you can relax and enjoy your accomplishment!
Aid stations will be stocked with water, sports drink, and some additional single serving snacks.
Aid Station 1 & 7 – Mile 1.5 and 12.3
Valley of the Moon Park- Staffed by West High Volleyball!
Aid Station 2 & 6 – Mile 2.5 and 11.1 – This station will have Huma Gels
Woodside Park – Staffed by South High XC Running
Aid Station 3 & 5 – Mile 4.5 and 9
Bike path near Goose Lake – Staffed by Girls on the Run
Aid Station 4 – Mile 6.9 – – This station will have Huma Gels
Behind the Alaska Native Medical Center near University Lake – Staffed By Alaska Winter Stars
ATHLETE UPDATES » To sign up for athlete updates, search for the participant name, click “Results Notifications” and enter your phone or email to receive updates from split points on the course for your athlete.
Awards & Prizes
Merchandise prizes will be given to the winner in the following age groups in each in-person race: 0-10; 11-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70-79; 80+.
A fun selection of random prizes will be given out to finishers of the both the virtual and in-person events.
Parking will available throughout downtown in the streets and parking garages. There will be no parking along the race route on N St. or 9th and 10th Streets between L Street and P Street. Please respect the neighborhoods and, if possible, park along the Park Strip east of L St. and in the downtown area.
You can run with us from anywhere. The timeline to run your virtual event is July 10th through July 18th, so you can all finish at the same day as the in-person event. From the comfort of your own course you’ll earn your swag:
- Commemorative Event Shirt
- Custom Finisher Medal
- Custom Finisher Glass and beverage or certificate equivalent. (Covid…right?)
- Nuun Gels for Half Marathon participants
- In-state shipping included ($5 for out-of-state)
- Run anywhere tracking and updates with RaceJoy
- Additional fun to be announced!
- A fun selection of random prizes will be given out to finishers of the both the virtual and in-person events.
Easy steps to having an awesome virtual event:
- Log into your RunSignup profile and view and/or download your personalized virtual bib.You will also receive a real, paper bib with your name on it at packet pickup.
- Complete your distance! You can run your favorite route on the trails, in your neighborhood, at the gym, or under the late night sunset.
- Post your finish to earn your finisher pint. You can do this from the manual results upload at this link. (Using this method, you can indicate that you finished, but choose not to input your time)Or you can use the RaceJoy app. This fun app allows you to:
- Automatically track your progress and distance on any course you choose.
- Automatically post your results to the online event results
- Allow your family and friends to track your progress and send you cheers.
- Hear GPS progress alerts and pre-set cheers as you complete along your route
- Download your finisher certificate on personal your results page.
- Join us for packet pickup to get your goodies! Shipping to domestic US addresses is available if needed.
Virtual Event Safety Policy
Participants must abide by the Center for Disease Control (CDC)’s recommendations for the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 and attest to having read the CDC’s guidance at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html. Participants must also follow local, state and federal regulations regarding preventing the spread of COVID-19 for their region. Participant must abide by all pedestrian safety ordinances including running on a sidewalk where available and not in the road. If there is no sidewalk or multi-use trail is available participants must run against oncoming traffic and not with traffic.
Because your health and comfort with our event is paramount, we are offering the option to swap to a different event, defer to 2022, or defer to another Skinny Raven event. We don’t want anyone who may be ill, at risk, or associated with those who are ill or at risk feeling pressured to participate because they cannot make changes to their registration. Please email our race directors at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions in this regard.