WE’RE BACK & HAUNTING DOWNTOWN ANCHORAGE! REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
We’ve got treats, we’ve got costumes, and we’ve got a costume contest! Fall is here, and YOU need to help us haunt downtown Anchorage. We will be staging from the spooky Captain Cook courtyard. So grab your friends and don your best costumes for the most Frightening 4K around.
OCTOBER 30, 2021
IN-PERSON @ 10:00 A.M.
4K Haunted Course
VIRTUAL EVENT – 10/23 to 10/30
Through Oct. 1
Individual – $35
Team or Family of 3+ – $30 per member
Through October 20
Individual – $40
Team or Family of 3+ – $35 per member
Through October 30
Individual – $45
Team or Family of 3+ – $40 per member
**Families and teams of 3 members or more will receive $5 off the registration fee once the third member signs up. The first two members will pay full price and then will receive an automatic $5 refund once the 3rd member has joined!
Come before race day to get your shirt and your bib. It’s always nice to save yourself from standing in line on race morning.
Wednesday, October 27
3:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Skinny Raven Downtown
Thursday, October 28
3:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Skinny Raven Downtown
Saturday, October 30
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
The Hotel Captain Cook
The in-person event will be held from the 4th Ave. side of the Hotel Captain Cook
939 W 5th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501
The course is an out and back 4K from 4th Avenue by the Hotel Captain Cook. You will travel down H St., Christiansen Dr., and 1st Ave to the Ship Creek area. Then you’ll turn around and get to see all the awesome costumes on your way back up to the finish! MAP>>
The Frightening 4K is all about fun and scary costumes and earning your treats. We might have them on course, we might have them ahead of time. We’ll let you know before long.
As we’ll have a virtual and in-person event, we’re doing a costume contest by photos. If you attend the in-person event and want to be considered for the costume contest, make sure to find the photographer at the Frightening 4K backdrop to have your picture taken before you start your event. If you do the virtual event, you’ll need to upload your costume photo to your results page (instructions). We’ll post our judges favorites online and announce the winners.!
Individual – The best costume and first runner-up will receive a prize.
Teams & Families – The best themed costume and first runner-up for teams or families of 3 or more will receive a group prize.
In-Person Start Format
We’ll be assessing the COVID-19 situation as the event approaches. We’ll likely be using a rolling, open start to reduce gathering and spread participants out. Keep an eye on your email and social media for updates.
We are so stoked to be getting out on the trails together, BUT Covid-19 infections are on par with the highest infections rates we’ve seen yet during the pandemic. We are making some adjustments to our event to help keep our staff and community safe. Our event is 100% outdoors and we have plenty of space to keep our distance from others. We will do our best to provide a safe experience for you. We ask you and our staff to help us by:
- Self-screening for illness 1 week before and 1 day before our event. Please do not attend our event If you:
- Have tested positive for Covid-19 during this time
- Have any symptoms consistent with Covid-19
- Have been exposed to anyone who has symptoms consistent with Covid-19 or has recently tested positive for Covid-19
- List of Covid-19 symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- Maintaining Appropriate social distance with those not in your known social circle
- Maintain sanitation by washing hands or using hand sanitizer during the event
- Our staff will be masked throughout bib pickup and the Saturday event when in contact with others.
- We ask that you mask up when in the common area of the Captain Cook, face to face with our staff or other participants or anytime you are not actively running as per USA Track & Field policy
- Depart the area shortly after your finish so we can keep gathering and face-to-face time to a minimum
We know we can have a great time and be safe if we all follow these guidelines. In the unlikely event that we must cancel the in-person event, all entries will be transferred to the virtual event. We will keep you updated on any changes to our covid-19 policies as the event approaches.
The Hotel Captain Cook is providing sweet deals to Frightening 4K participants. Are you coming from out of town? Do you have bigger plans for the Halloween weekend, and need a place downtown? Mention Frightening 4K to get the hookup at either the Captain Cook Hotel or the Voyager Inn.
Simply call and ask for the Frightening 4K Rate!
Parking is available in the downtown parking garages and streets. Please be mindful of road closures for the event
For participant safety, and to comply with our insurance, no pets, bicycles, or rollerblades are allowed in the race. Participants with baby joggers or strollers are asked to start in the back of the field and to be courteous to your fellow participants.
If you are already registered for the in-person event and wish to switch to the virtual event, you can transfer yourself via “Manage Registration” on your RunSignup Profile.
- The timeline to run your virtual event is October 23 through October 30.
Easy steps to having an awesome virtual event:
- Log into your RunSignup profile and view and/or download your personalized virtual bib. You will also receive a real, paper bib with registration.
- Complete your distance(s)! You can run your favorite route on the trails, in your neighborhood, at the gym, or under the late night sunset.
- Post your finish(s). You can do this from the manual results upload at this link. (Using this method, you can indicate that you finished, but choose not to input your time)
Or you can use the RaceJoy app to track your 4K. This fun app allows you to:
- Automatically track your progress and distance on any course you choose.
- Automatically post your results to the online event results
- Allow your family and friends to track your progress and send you cheers.
- Hear GPS progress alerts and pre-set cheers as you complete along your route
- Download your finisher certificate on personal your results page.
- Join us for packet pickup to get your bib and trick or treat. First Class Shipping is included in your virtual registration.
We will begin mailing packets to virtual participants once event shirts and bibs are in. Please indicate when you register if you would like to pick your packet up or have it mailed to you.
Manage your shipping options here. Click “Manage Registration” then “Questions” and “Update Shipping Address”.
Virtual Event Safety Policy
Participants must abide by the Center for Disease Control (CDC)’s recommendations for the prevention of the spread of COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html Participants must also follow local, state and federal regulations regarding preventing the spread of COVID-19 for their region. Participant must abide by all pedestrian safety ordinances including running or walking on a sidewalk where available and not in the road. If there is no sidewalk or multi-use trail is available participants must run and walk against oncoming traffic and stay to the side of the roadway.
Event Changes & Deferments
Because your health and comfort with our event is paramount, we are offering the option to swap to the virtual event, defer to 2021, or defer to another future Skinny Raven event. We don’t want anyone who may be ill, at risk, or associated with those who are ill or at risk feeling pressured to participate because they cannot make changes to their registration.. Please email our race directors at email@example.com with any questions in this regard. All deferment request must be made prior to October 29th, 2021, after which the option for a deferment or transfer will expire.